2 exchange accounts on iPhone - change "from" on e-mails

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by bmarkoff, Nov 7, 2012.

1. bmarkoff macrumors newbie

really need help on this complicated issue.
    I have 2 exchange accounts set-up on my iphone5.
    1. johndoe@abc-company. - this account receives e-mail from this address and also receives forwarded e-mail from the 2nd account(below)
    2. sales@NEWcompany - this account does not actually receive any mail in the in box, it is set up as a group distribution to others in the NEWcompany.

on iphone, I have enabled view of combined 2 inboxes. my default account is johndoe@abc-company. but when i receive in an e-mail which i know was sent to the "sales@NEWcompany", i would like to reply, and change the "FROM" as coming from NEWcompany address.

I am able to do this in outlook for mac 2011 (and was also able to do this in outlook on PC), but would like to do same from my iPhone.

I hope this is clear enough, and SOMEONE has an answer.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

When I reply to or compose a message on my iPhone, the second line starts with Cc/Bcc, From:

If I tap that line, it expands into three separate lines:
    Cc:
    Bcc:

... and if I tap on From:, it lets me select any of the email addresses I have setup on my phone.

Maybe give that a try?

3. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Shouldn't be too complicated.
    By default, you will always reply from the account to which the email was sent.
    If you suspect the problem might be to do with combined Inboxes, try separating them.
    The only other possibility would be that your outgoing server for NEWcompany is the same as your outgoing server for OLDcompany, so double check your settings are correct