2 eyetv hybrids, 1 atsc antenna?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cheezebob, Sep 27, 2007.

1. cheezebob macrumors member

Is it possible to use one atsc antenna with 2 elgato eyetv hybrids? Could I split the HD signal?
    Also, what is the best/cheapest antenna? antennaweb says I need a yellow and green small multi-directional antenna.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are not splitting an HD signal. You are splitting RF signals. Coaxial cable signal splitters for TV are available at just about every chain drug store and every store wherever consumer electronics are sold.
    This ain't brain surgery. Run down to Radio Shack and see what they have. Wal-Mart may also have it.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well the best antenna would be a big one on top of your roof.....but i doubt your gonna do that.

5. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

Don't get tricked into that HD antenna scam. Any old wad of metal with a coax will do. Actually you probably need just a UHF antenna since most of the HD signal is broadcast on that band (Unless you live in NYC or something)

If your want some good stuff. I recommend TERK.

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

true. but clearly a big antenna on your roof would be the best thing you could ever do. too bad no one has them hardly anymore

7. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

True, but you don't realy need one unless you live more than 15-20 miles from the transmitter. One of the "net" type would be good in an urban area. Actually I am about 15 miles from the transmitters where I am. I am thinking about installing one of the big boys in the attic and pointing it to B'ham (70 miles away)

8. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm about 40-50 miles away, and we receive great signal. the only problem is the wind sometimes blows it around. watched smallville last night in HD. it was great