2 Factor Authentication problems

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by scouser75, Jul 22, 2017.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I have an issue with my 2 factor authentication. When I log into iCloud anywhere other than my trusted devices I get a message on my iPad telling me about this and whether I want to allow or not. But the problem is I do not get this message on my iPhone, which is the device I'd want the message to come on as this is the device I carry around with me. The iPad sits at home most times so it's pointless for the message to arrive on that device. How can I get the message on my iPhone also?

My trusted devices are my iPhone 6, iPhone 4, iPad and Mac Pro.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I was having this problem as well when I first set up 2FA. I signed out of iCloud and then back in on my iPhone. Fixed the problem for me.

3. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

You have the phone number set for 2 factor under Settings; Password and Security as the trusted phone number?

4. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. I've signed out of iCloud and back in and still no luck.

CTHarryH, I have my phone number set. But can you elaborate on the "Password and Security as the trusted phone number"? please.

5. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

In settings on iphone there under the Apple ID section there is a Password and security section - select that and under that there is a trusted phone number area - below two factor authentication. This is under IOS 10 - not sure exactly where this would be other than IOS 10 - you could search for it under settings.

6. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guys when I try and sign out of icloud I get a message saying what I want to do with my contacts and calendar entries when my account is DELETED. By signing out of icloud will it delete my iiud account??? I do not want that to happen!

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

No, it will delete the stuff on your device. Once you relog in, it will return. Just make sure all the toggles are on before signing out. If you have a second device, just verify they are on that device as well.

8. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks mate. So I use my usual .mac email to log back in without fear of losing it? If so, phew!

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yes. I still use my .mac as well.

10. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a