2 factor authetication's keeping me out of my account

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Ugi, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Ugi macrumors regular

Hello there,

on saturday both of my apple devices ipad air 2 and i7+ got exchanged in the store. I had 2 factor authentication activated and registred my old mobile number that is not active anymore. My problem is noW that i cant login to my icloud account anymore. I restored an backup on my 7+ via itunes so the the exchange device is connected to the icloud account noW. the issue is that i cant use any icloud services or even install an app. the phone keeps asking me for my icloud account passWord that I of cource knoW and type in and then ask me for the security number the system sends to my old number.
    I started the process to recover my account but apple says it takes beteen 2-4 Weeks! this cant be true.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Nothing you can do except wait for Apple. Whevener you change your phone number you should immediately change it on 2FA. Or put in a secondary number of a family member so incase of a situation like this, you can still get the code.

3. jetsam macrumors 6502

I have my home landline as my secondary. It's turned out be useful several times.