2 Factor Verification Q's

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhil, Sep 16, 2014.

1. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I Activated 2 Factor for my Apple ID over the weekend .. Now the Question is How does this work when I upgrade my phone from 5 to 6 and i use iCloud as backup for the phone now ?

Should I disable the 2 factor before upgrade then re-active it after ? First upgrade using 2 factor system

2. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

I'm not sure but I would think it will just ask for you to verify yourself using the code or another verified device. Hell it should do that as soon as you set up iCloud in the first place on the new phone I would think. Be sure to remove your old phone from the list of verified devices if you are going to get rid of it.

3. iPhil thread starter macrumors 68040

iPhil

Well the 5 is going to be a "store credit" when I upgrade to 6 thru Corp. ATT store - I know i'll "lose" 20% of the value as it sits by the time I trade-in...

I'm hopeful by the india iPhone 6 launch is when i'm planning on getting it ( I'm in SD,California) I'm fine on waiting no rush for me .. There might be 4 upgrades done @ the same time so the Verified devices path is no ..

4. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

I think you can also verify via text/call/email to whatever number/email is listed as verified on iCloud so you might be good to go by email.

5. iPhil thread starter macrumors 68040

iPhil

I didn't see any email verify sort of way with 2 factor enabled .. looked all the way thru security section of Apple ID ... Asked the Q because i thought someone on here had 2 factor enabled and upgraded phones with it enabled ..

Well it seems I need to disable 2 factor before upgrade then re-activate it after ..

Thanks Power for the responses..

6. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Earlier I logged into iCloud on Firefox and it asked me to verify myself via either my iPad, iPhone or I *think* an email.

Maybe it would just be easier for you to disable it for a short while haha