2 finger swipe back and forth in finder

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Blackened Apple, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Blackened Apple macrumors regular

So, we have it in Safari, iTunes Store, Mac App Store, Xcode documentation and probably other places I don't know of. Why not have it in finder?

I know you can have 3-finger swiping, but then the swiping direction gets inconsistent, and you get no animations...

So is there any third party tool to have regular 2 finger swiping back and forth in finder?

Cheers

2. 3282868, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012

3282868 macrumors 603

BetterTouchTool. I've always tried it but never had reason until the trackpad.

Download to your app's folder, and configure "Finder" for two new gestures:

In "Trackpads & Tablets":

- Two finger swipe left with assigned action 3F Swipe Left (Page Back)

- Two finger swipe right with assigned action 3F Swipe Right (Page Forward)

This will assign the 3 finger swipe in Finder to 2 fingers, and you can keep the 2 finger swiping in System Preferences for Safari and other app's. You can also assign the same gestures for third party apps to enable 2 finger swiping in them as well, although it seems almost all third party app's will recognize two finger swiping. Doing the above will mean only 2 fingers are needed for swiping in Finder, Safari, third party apps, etc. Just make sure you switch it back from 3 to 2 fingers in "System Preferences".

Hope this helps!