2 Former Rumor post fits in with Back to Mac Event

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lifeguard90, Oct 18, 2010.

1. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, seems these former rumor posting fits in time wise with Oct 20th . Not sure where to post this thread but it'll do here.

Yeah, I know no one but Apple knows but just for fun and pass the time to wed afternoon, does anyone see a possible scenario?

New revolutionary features, hiring of new engineer, October launch of major product? ( MBA would not be a revolutionary brand new product in and of it self. Unless its insides had something new) OSX Lion perhaps, touch. We'll find out soon
    What could it be?

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/29/apple-job-posting-suggests-revolutionary-new-mac-os-x-feature/

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/08/23...esales-staff-to-support-very-big-new-product/

( credit for linksformer postings on Macrumors are to the original poster)

2. omenatarhuri macrumors 6502a

Call me nuts, but could they actually release Lion? I bet they'd need the extra staff for a new operating system if they simultaneously refresh the laptop lineup.

Very excited about tomorrow, here's hoping Steve's got something good for us.

3. lifeguard90 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yess, could be tomorrow or very soon for release. Less than 24 hours until we know. Can't wait, still sure hoping for some mbp graphics update. Highly likely sandy bridge won't be implemented immediately anyway, so for Apple to wait a year for update would be ridiculous.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

No, 10.7, will not be released tomorrow for the event. Developers haven't received any copies yet. The most likely time frame is Summer 2011. There's 0% chance of release tomorrow or even in the next couple months.

5. kingsal macrumors member

They will most likely not release it, just a sneak peak. They need to give developers time to evaluate it to get developer feedback and to adjust their apps to the new OS.