iPad Pro 2 free cases and a smart folio?

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
2EB2A758-B3B1-42C6-9EE9-4DAB05056361.png
I already have 2 free cases for the new iPad Pro 11” from amazon.com. See photo. Neither of them fit properly though. The new one that was sent still doesn’t align perfectly. They’re good enough to use before I find a proper case though.

I like to use my iPad naked when I’m at home on the couch. The 2 free cases I bought are very hard to get off, so I was thinking of buying the apple smart folio bc its easier to take on and off. However, I don’t like the high price and the lack of logo on it. I also don’t like the slim color selection.

Is the apple smart folio worth it or should I wait for a better third party case? Also, how many use their iPad naked? I have apple care so I guess it’s only $49 for a replacement if I drop it naked.

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Reactions: iHeartsteve

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
Looks like you posted this in both forums haha.

Try this one. They claim to have fixed their auto sleep/wake feature on the new batch. My replacement is in route. Fits perfect and is an exact replica to the apple smart folio using the magnets for attachment.

12.9”
https://www.amazon.com/Ztotop-12-9-Magnetic-Minimalist-Trifold/dp/B07J4K6ZK6

11”
https://www.amazon.com/Ztotop-Strong-Magnetic-Minimalist-Trifold/dp/B07JVBFXVB
I had one of those waiting at launch, but the sleep/wake feature (as you noted) didn't work. How did you get the replacement?

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I had one of those waiting at launch, but the sleep/wake feature (as you noted) didn't work. How did you get the replacement?
I left a review for it on amazon. Then the manufacturer sent me an email stating they are fixing the issue and they wanted to send me a replacement when the new batch arrived.

They apologized for the experience and sent me a promo code to reorder.

Also, they asked if I am satisfied with the replacement to update my review.

Reactions: Porterhouse