2 Hard drives, how to download to Non boot drive.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikeSantor, Nov 24, 2009.

1. MikeSantor macrumors regular

So I have an Intel SSD (boot drive) in the original HDD bay and the Hitachi 7K500 in the Optibay. I set up Transmission to download to the Hitachi. I started downloading some E Books last night and its downloading everything to the Hitachi drive then as soon as the whole download is complete, it automagicly moves it to the "download" folder on the SSD drive. What setting am I missing? I looked about 3 times in the settings of transmission and there is only one area that lets you change download directories and im positive its set for the Hitachi drive.

What would make the files move over to the SSD by itself.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I couldn't find a better screenshot, but are the Default location and the Keep incomplete files in pointing to the same folder, at least to the same HDD?

[​IMG]

3. MikeSantor thread starter macrumors regular

by "Keep incomplete files in" im assuming you mean the Number 3 arrow that says "watch for torrent files in_______"

No I didn't have the last one checked. I didnt know what it meant by "watch for torrent files in" option. So I pointed both locations to the Hitachi drive.

Thanks for the help man. This looks like its what i needed!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

By "Keep incomplete files in" i mean the one right of the arrow with the 1.

The feature to watch torrent files in "Downloads" should have nothing to do with the actual file Transmission downloads. It looks for .torrent files in the specified folder, the one your browser might use to download .torrent files to.
    It then adds (auto add) those torrents to Transmission's queue and starts downloading the actual file to the specified folder (Keep incomplete file in and Default location).