Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Guys, I'm worried! I thought I would be well within my limits, but I've just checked my usage and I'm already at 44MB received and 2.5MB sent!

I'm with o2 so I'm capped at 500MB a month, at this rate I will have reached that limit by tomorrow evening!!!

Anyone else noticed the usage is sky high from 3G data? :eek:

:(

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Weird. I had mine since yesterday afternoon and it shows "Sent: 983KB, Received: 9.3MB." I know I wasn't on Wi-Fi THAT much that I didn't use 3G so minimally.

Gagoots

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2006
Guys, I'm worried! I thought I would be well within my limits, but I've just checked my usage and I'm already at 44MB received and 2.5MB sent!

I'm with o2 so I'm capped at 500MB a month, at this rate I will have reached that limit by tomorrow evening!!!

Anyone else noticed the usage is sky high from 3G data? :eek:

:(

Any time a corporation like AT&T induces limits on customers that have penalties when exceeded, you'd better believe that the game will be rigged for you to do so. I'll be sticking with unlimited.

I hope this was just an anomaly for you and you don't get hammered.

alejovh1

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2008
you'll reach 500 mb in just a week! you may want to switch to unlimited data if they have it available there?
I'm sticking with unlimited data on ATT, some months I have used over 2gb's without tethering:D

Bankerts

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2008
I thought my usage was pretty high too then I realized I had re-downloaded all of my apps OTA because I hadn't set up my wifi yet. 110MB down, 1890 to go!

blazinz

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
please help

ok i need some help and or clarification on this as well...

I got my phone at 8am this morning.. been playing with it hear and there but nothing serious since i had to wait till 11am to go home and sync all my stuff up. so i sync my stuff , back to all my old settings. ( i was without an iphone for 2months, so i know it cant be from previous usage) I take a short nap.. wake up and for the hell of it check my data it says ..

sent 200mb
received 4.7gb

wtf i havent even used the phone like that yet..:eek: am i missing something here..?

edit** is this overall usage of the life of my iphones or does it reset each month..???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.