2 iCloud problems

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by heliocentric, Mar 6, 2012.

1. heliocentric Guest

I just got a 2nd hand iPhone 4 and registered an iCloud account with it.

But since doing that I have decided that I don't want to use the @me.com email I registered with the iCloud account, so I tried to register a new iCloud (1st problem - knowing I will lose all the content i purchased on my old apple id :( but I cant see any other way round that...)

But when i try to register a new iCloud account it says 'The maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iPhone' (2nd problem)

Ideas?

Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You don't have to lose the purchases. You can use one iCloud account as the main for email and data sync etc, and use the first one as your AppleID for iTunes purchases and keep your purchases you already made.

3. heliocentric thread starter Guest

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Is their a way to unlink your apple Id from your iCloud account and link it to a new one maybe?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nope. There has been big outcry from users to allow a merge of accounts, but so far it has not materialized.

5. heliocentric thread starter Guest

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Apple are so frustrating sometimes :(

6. heliocentric, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

heliocentric thread starter Guest

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member