Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Hi

1) Any reccomendations for a product to clean the imac screen?
2) Is there a way to stretch or zoom a 4:3 image to fill the entire screen?

Thanks,
Ari

munchmime

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2003
Clean the screen

To keep it as pristine as possible, you can
A) get one of the kits from best buy or circuit city for cleaning the big screen TV's - perhaps comp usa has a similar set for monitors..
B) use as cloth designed to clean camera lenses, dampen part of it slightly, fold it over let the dry part absord some of the moisture, and wipe away.

p.s. - I probably shouldn't say this.... but I know someone who uses lense cleaner for his glasses (plastic lenses), but you must be careful with which type of that you choose - buyer beware.

as for 4:3 images... if it's your desk top you are asking about, system prefs-> desktop screen saver -> desktop -> select stretch to fill screen or fill screen.
hope that helps? if not please be a little more specific on what your trying to do.

-Munch

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Hi

1) Any reccomendations for a product to clean the imac screen?
2) Is there a way to stretch or zoom a 4:3 image to fill the entire screen?

Thanks,
Ari

1) Any product for cleaning an LCD. BTW, I just use a regular dry cloth to clean my iMac's screen from dust. It doesnt get dirty, just dusty.
2) Not sure what you mean by that. Play a 4:3 game or view a 4:3 photo or something? :confused:

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Hi,

Thanks guys...

for the 4:3 issue, i was reffering to videos using either quicktime or front row.

I have some videos that are 4:3 letterbox.. so it is like a video floating in the middle of the screen. I'd like to stretch it proportianaly to fill my screen.

Thanks again,
ari

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Hi,

Thanks guys...

for the 4:3 issue, i was reffering to videos using either quicktime or front row.

I have some videos that are 4:3 letterbox.. so it is like a video floating in the middle of the screen. I'd like to stretch it proportianaly to fill my screen.

Thanks again,
ari

You can either stretch it (deform) or cut the top and bottom of 4:3 videos to view them fullscreen on you 16:10, but im unaware of any method to do this, other than cutting it in Final Cut Pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.