Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
Found this on a web site......Cube and a mini together with no more space taken...... :eek: :p ;)

Attachments

• 38553782.jpg
    38553782.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 130

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
two points;
1) How do you get the disc into the optical drive through the clear plastic?

2) I thought about a similar idea when the mini was released. The idea being that there would've been good to release the mini with a modular design where the base unit was the mini cpu less the optical drive (ideal for networks in schools etc I would think), then on top with the same dimension (except height) you could add the optical drive of choice and on top of these other modules could be added at will. Maybe an extra hard drive or drives or elgato TV type device or airport/ADSL modems etc. You'd end up with a column of various devices joined with docking ports or you could have a perspex tower to slot each item in and out with out moving the other again with docking ports in the tower to save any wired connectors.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
mpw said:
two points;
1) How do you get the disc into the optical drive through the clear plastic?

2) I thought about a similar idea when the mini was released. The idea being that there would've been good to release the mini with a modular design where the base unit was the mini cpu less the optical drive (ideal for networks in schools etc I would think), then on top with the same dimension (except height) you could add the optical drive of choice and on top of these other modules could be added at will. Maybe an extra hard drive or drives or elgato TV type device or airport/ADSL modems etc. You'd end up with a column of various devices joined with docking ports or you could have a perspex tower to slot each item in and out with out moving the other again with docking ports in the tower to save any wired connectors.

1. Well I was just saying that someone actually did it but why not make a slice :p

2. That could have been an idea......maby in the future :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.