2 ipads same on both....how?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sillyrabbitt, Jun 19, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

Hi All

I have two ipads 2s and i am trying to figure out how to have the same app in this case angry birds on both ipads at the same time. so if we complete x # of levels on one ipad be able to back it up on the other ipad as well.

both ipads have the same itunes username and are signed in.

is it possible to do the above?

thanks

2. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

3. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks! one more silly question...

if i cannot do it with an app can i make my two ipads exact clones of each other?

thanks!

4. shandyman Suspended

well i guess you could restore one from the backup of the other, but the problem will be if you do something on one, it won't reflect the other unless you restore again, it's prob too much work to do

5. OliverOSX93 macrumors regular

you might be able to do what your thinking of by restoring and backing up. (thats just a guess, it probably won't work but its worth a try)

6. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!!

So what do i do back up ipad2 #1 and then hook up ipad2 #2 and restore as #1? any other downside to this b4 i try it? and can i go back and make reverse if it doesnt workout like i think?

thanks!!!

7. shandyman Suspended

yea that's what i was saying. you can make a backup of #2 prior to this so you can go back. but i don't think it's gonna work to your liking. cos one's gonna end up out of sync with the other and it will just get messed up

8. MaKidzOnYaLip macrumors newbie

Sync Apps

All You Have To Do Is Make Sure Your Computer Has The App In iTunes. When You Connect Your iPads It Backs It Up And Saves All Your Game Progress On The Computer. So What You Have To Do Is Make Sure When You Plug In Both iPads Click On The iPad On iTunes Then Go To Apps Tab And Click Sync Apps. Then Check The Ones You Want To Be Synced With And It Will Be The Same, Unless You Want All The Apps To Sync Then Just Check Sync Apps.:cool:

9. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

This isn't what the OP wants to achieve.

Can he get mod-Ed for those caps?

10. MaKidzOnYaLip macrumors newbie

Umm yes it is what he wants to achieve because i have angry birds on both my iPhones and they get updated with the level I complete on one to the other

11. shandyman Suspended

tho doesn't work between iPhone Angry Birds and iPad Angry Birds as they're seperate apps sadly.

12. MaKidzOnYaLip macrumors newbie

Its true what you're saying but he wants to do it on both his iPad. i was using my iPhones as an example :)

13. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

i feel i did this but when it syncs it just sends over a copy of angry birds without and level info etc... it makes me re-purchase the mighty eagle (doesnt charge me again) but it ask me to re-download it in essence. and again no level info :(

not sure how to make this work.

thanks

14. h00ligan macrumors 68030

ios5 should start to solve this problem.. although it will take time (I'd think) for developers to use the available new options.

There are third party options, but they are cumbersome.