2 iPhone 3GS and Syncing with one computer. Same contacts syncing between phones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iwhat???, Jun 30, 2009.

1. iwhat??? macrumors member

I have searched for this problem, but could not find the same problem.

I have two 3GS phones and am using 1 computer with itunes 8.2.0.23. I was able to sync my black iphone normally, and then I disconnected it and plugged in the white iphone. The computer recognized it was a different phone and we named it differently.

Now when I sync the white 3GS, all of the contacts from the black phone went onto the white iphone. The computer still is distinctly recognizing the white 3GS as it shows up on the left and top of itunes correctly and the correct phone number is displayed. I am also scared if I resync the black 3GS then the contacts will either be deleted on the black phone or changed to whatever the white phone's contacts were. We have two different apple accounts and I even logged out of the black phone's account and logged in with the white one, but after syncing with the white phone's account it is still the black phone's contacts.

Please help. Thank you.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

If you are syncing contacts to the address book then all the contacts will go to both phones. There isn't a way to change this that I know of.

3. iwhat??? thread starter macrumors member

So I deleted the first two contacts from the white iphone, went into the contacts area in itunes and unchecked "Sync contacts with:". I hit apply and did another white phone sync. Those two contacts did not re-appear.

Do you know then if there is a backup made on the computer where if I have to reset either the white or black iphone then will I lose all the data and contacts?

Also, if I leave the "Sync contacts with" unchecked and sync the black phone, my contacts should not disappear correct?

Thanks!