2 iPhone 6 Pre-Orders (AT&T and Apple.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barry.wiestling, Sep 12, 2014.

1. barry.wiestling macrumors member

So here my story. This morning I was up at 3am trying to secure an iPhone 6 64GB Silver from AT&T (little to my knowledge I could have just woken up at 6am like normal and ordered with no problem). Due to my impatience I was trying every method possible by trying att.com, apple.com, and the Apple Store app for iPad and iPhone.

I successfully completed completed my order through the AT&T Premiere website around 3:30am. This told me it would ship on or AROUND 9/19. I also never received a confirmation e-mail like they had stated and when I tried to look up my order number there was no record which has me a little worried.

Around 4:10am I was able to get through on Apple.com and it let me go through the whole process where I typed in my phone number, billing zip code, and last 4 digits of the social security number. After doing this for the iPhone it gave me the pricing of 299 for the phone. I then completed the order and immediately received an e-mail with the order confirmation confirming that it would ship on 9/19.

Around 9:00am this morning I receive a confirmation e-mail from AT&T Premiere stating that my iPhone is reserved and it is expected to be delivered on or around 9/19.

My question is will they ship me 2 phones for the upgraded price? I would really like to cancel the order through AT&T and only receive the one through Apple. My biggest fear is that if I cancel the AT&T pre-order that at some point Apple may try to process the order and I won't be eligible so they will cancel my order.

Any input someone might have who has been in the same situation would be appreciated!

2. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

No, you run risk of both getting cancelled so be sure to cancel one. I did same and begged like hell for AT&T to cancel it and they finally sent an email saying my order was cancelled because i was no longer eligible for an upgrade (the order on Apple.com took it). You don't want both to check the database and get a cancel.

3. barry.wiestling thread starter macrumors member

Well right after this I just got a text from AT&T saying my order has been cancelled due to not being upgrade eligible.

4. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

How are you able to cancel? I've been getting the message to contact at a later time due to call volume..

5. barry.wiestling thread starter macrumors member

I didn't call to cancel. They must have tried to process my order and the upgrade was used so they automatically cancelled it.