2 iPhone HD's for 2010

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mubo, May 11, 2010.

1. mubo macrumors regular

There has been a lot of talk about new networks getting the iPhone eg. Verizon .
    Now giz got hold(cough) one of them, but there also was a slightly different one circulating, it was the one with no screws at the bottom. Could this be the Verizon/ aisa iPhone.
    Don't flame me I'm in the uk so it does not affect me.

2. tac22 macrumors 6502

Personally while I'm not speculating on the existence of a coma iPhone I think the swrewless one was just a older prototype, I think some of those pictures were on a twitter account as far pack as January... Or maybe it was febuary, either way thats my two cents.

3. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

Any pics of the second phone you are talking about?

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

We have had proof in OS 4 of 2 iPhones for a while. But nobody knows what they are. Could be anything...the much rumored iPhone nano?

I don't recall seeing pics w/ no screws at the bottom.

5. tac22 macrumors 6502

There is much more likely a cdma iPhone than an iPhone nano, that of course is my personal opinion.

I've seen the pics, I'll try and find them

6. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

The pics were on this site earlier I think, and hopefully the other model is a cdma version.

7. mubo thread starter macrumors regular

8. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Here they are:
    http://twitpic.com/14ge1m

Wasnt hard to find. I remembered they were on TwitPic, first search, first result. I searched for "Twitpic next gen iPhone"

9. tac22 macrumors 6502

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Haha...I hope you're right, but you're about to catch hell from a lot of ppl in this forum. :eek:

11. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

If a verizon iPhone comes out, it will look exactly the same like the "other" one.

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Interesting, these pics, while pretty fuzzy, don't seem to show screws. Perhaps the hole for the dock connector is a bit wider to accommodate them? It certainly appears wider than the pics on Gizmodo's site.

One flaw in your logic though, there is a sim card tray on the side.

13. tac22 macrumors 6502

Yes it will most likely look exactly the same. But if it's not like a dual band chip and a special iPhone just for verizon it won't have a sim card slot. Apple wouldn't miss the channce of getting rid of some extra seams in the iPhone if they can.... Yet that gets me thinking.... Apple better have a damn good reason for those 3 seams

14. senorhappy macrumors member

It has a SIM card slot, so its not CDMA. Sorry to dash your hopes.

15. tnisatard macrumors 6502

not saying that iphone is a cdma iphone

but a phone CAN have a sim card slot and also be a CMDA phone a la blackberry storm

but IMO, no verizon iPhone anytime soon

16. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

There are a million good reasons for the seams which have been discussed to death in this forum.

17. tac22 macrumors 6502

True, and I've read a lot of them, most sound bogus though, I do kind of like the celullar antena one but otherwise if it isn't that I hope apple has a better reason than we added these black seams to cushion your iPhone from nasty falls... Just doesnt sound like apple.

18. mubo thread starter macrumors regular

Just to add a little bit more fuel, they both are prototypes? Maybe trying a dual network? These pics didnt come from a lost iphone/blog. They could be pics of 2 different phones, at the factory.
    I just think this is so close to giz pics in looks but why no screws?

19. McBeats macrumors 6502a

yea its likely to be a gsm only phone, but doesnt mean it isnt cdma as well.

20. mubo thread starter macrumors regular

WOW, I posted this last night and the screw less one has appeared again in the nam. The thing I would like to know is how does it come apart.
    As I seem to be able to predict things now :p I think that the new iPhone will be different from what we are seeing.