2 iPhone4 1 iTunes Library

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhoneConvert, Jan 26, 2011.

1. iPhoneConvert macrumors newbie

I will be purchasing an iPhone 4 on the Verizon network. I will sync mine to the current library. When my fiance gets her iPhone 4 in March how can we manage 2 iPhones on 1 iTunes account and 1 library on 1 computer? I am running PC Vista (Don't hold that against me, 1 MAC product upgrade at a time)

1. How can we keep our contacts seperate?
    2. How can we keep our calendars seperate?
    3. How can this be done as easily as possible?

We have 20 GB of music and about 30 total purchased songs. The rest are CD's we've imported. This is why I do not want to create different user accounts and/or get seperate computers. It has taken way too long to import the songs, album artwork, and information!

Please offer multiple suggestions. Thanks

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

If you create seperate user accounts on the same Mac you can still share a music library. It also makes it very easy to keep your own contacts and calendars. Instructions on the Apple site at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1203

Alternatively if you want one user account-

With calendars you can have different types on the same one (that was some bad wording!). What I mean is have one for you in say blue, and one for her in say red. Easy to do in iCal. You can tell your iPhone to only sync one calendar in iTunes.

In a similar way you can create groups on contacts in address book, and then there is a clear distinction between your's and her's. You can tell your iPhone to only sync one group in iTunes.