2 iphones: 1 cracked, 1 swam

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iTelefoon, Feb 20, 2011.

1. iTelefoon macrumors newbie

Hello,

last summer I was at the neighbour's pool when my 13-month old daughter just kinda walked in, I was about to jump after her when I realized my iPhone was in my pocket. The dilemma! I hesitated for a while, but then figured that I would not be able to spin this in a way that would make my wife jump for joy because we still had the iPhone.

Anyway.

It was a 1st gen iPhone, which never powered up again, did the rice trick to no avail..

Now recently I got another 1st gen iPhone from a friend, it works but has a cracked screen.

Now I'm thinking I could these two into one perfect and working iPhone.

Now I would love some tips as to how to go about it.

Should I transfer the screen from the waterdamaged one to the cracked one?

Or some other parts (motherboard?) from the working one to the waterdamaged one?

Any other tips?

I'm pretty tight one money right now so a replacement screen is not in the cards right now I'm afraid.

Thank you so much for any help you might provide.

Broke Belgian.

2. AlexIamandi macrumors newbie

Transfer the screen from the water damaged to the other one.
    That's the safest way to have a functional iphone.
    The water damaged one is dead. If you didn't tryed to switch it on after getting out of pull, and let him dry, it was still functional.

3. alemakov macrumors newbie

Exactly the same problem

Hi, I was wondering if you solved this problem and you were able to fix your broken screen Iphone with you water damaged Iphone parts. I have exactly the same situation and was wondering if you were able to do it ?

Regards

Alex