2 Iphones 1 family plan, New Customer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barca10, Jun 13, 2010.

1. barca10 macrumors member

barca10

Me and my fiancee want to get the iphone 4 but ive been hearing that apple wont sell or activate two iphones to the same family plan. How would i go about pre ordering? Any suggestions? I called apple and at&t and they didn't have a clear answer. Thanks

2. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Wow, you got some bad information. What exactly did they tell you?

The Apple retail store will sell you two new iPhone 4s and activate them on a new FamilyTalk plan. That's the only way they can open a FamilyTalk plan, they don't sell other AT&T phones. In the past, they have required two people to be present to get both phones.

Dave

3. barca10 thread starter macrumors member

barca10

thanks! just what ineeded to hear.

4. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Not to thread hijack, but does anyone know what would happen for existing family plans? The gf and I are looking to upgrade. I'm wondering if I'll be able to preorder two online on the same card, or if she should preorder hers separately. I'm the primary line on the account. I'm hoping it goes by phone number, and not by card or account.

5. Vader Was Frame macrumors newbie

existing family plan

I'm in need of similar information.

I will be purchasing a new iphone 4 and wish to add it to an existing family plan that my brother and mother are on (2 iphone 3GS purchased Nov 2009). They are not upgrading.

I am not on this plan (non-ATT) but wish to add my new iPhone 4 to it. Any information would be great:

1) Will I have to pay full price for the phone?
    2) Will we simply keep their current unlimited data plan and extend the contract?
    3) Can this all be done online via pre-oder?

6. agoat macrumors regular

ATT rep confirmed it will be new activation price for add in line, not full price.

7. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

1. No you get the $199 / $299 depending on model chosen
    2. No changes to the existing rate plan or contract terms for the other lines are need, you will have your own line and contract but be part of the FamilyTalk group
    3. Not currently, we will see what happens on tomorrow, if any changes are announced, please check back.

Dave