Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Animatormike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
My wife and I have iPhones. We use them to shoot video while on vacation. We want to put all the videos on the iPad to show people when they come over. I don't want to have to hook the pad to two computers to sync...
What is the best solution ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
Why two computers? Why not two accounts on the same computer?

You could always sync the stuff via a server MobileMe/iDisk, drop-box etc, though I suspect if there are lots of other options, though I'm not sure if this would be quicker than just using iTunes.

Another option if you have the iPad camera connection kit would be to use a flash drive to copy the pics/movies onto the iPad, though you will need to transfer them from the
iphones onto a computer first.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I haven't tried this myself, but I think I read somewhere that if you hook up the iPhone to an iPad with the camera connector kit, the iPhone will be recognized as a camera and you can transfer the pics off the iPhone to the iPad.

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
I haven't tried this myself, but I think I read somewhere that if you hook up the iPhone to an iPad with the camera connector kit, the iPhone will be recognized as a camera and you can transfer the pics off the iPhone to the iPad.

It's there in the product description, though 3G not supported. I'm not sure though if this includes video or just the photos.

http://store.apple.com/nz/product/MC531ZM/A

nzlucas

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2010
London
Could you not just sync both phones to the iphoto on the computer the ipad uses then make smart album for videos made on Iphones? Then check the box for ipad to sync the album amongst others and voila!

Cheers

LAnMarc

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
Adelaide South Australia
You can use the camera connection kit to transfer photos and videos from an iPhone to an iPad via the iPad USB cable.
I have used an iPhone 3GS, a Canon 20D SLR and an Olympus 720 digital, and all transfer their contents quickly to the iPad.
Alternately, there are some iPad apps (eg Duplicam) that you can use to control the iPhone camera (photos only) via Bluetooth and transfer photos to the iPad, but the transfer rate is much slower.
Either of these two methods allow you to transfer photos to an iPad, anywhere, without the need of a Mac/PC.
The ability to do this, and also view the photos on a large screen, was a major reason, for me, in getting the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.