2 iPhones, 2 ITunes accounts, 1 Vista computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lobojim, May 23, 2010.

1. lobojim macrumors newbie

I am in the process of moving to a new house and had to put my wife's computer in storage. Yesterday we had to replace her phone due to a bad headphone jack. I've been syncing her phone to my PC for several weeks now. When I started doing this it wiped her music and movies, but that was fine because they were all in my iTunes anyway.

However, after replacing her iphone, I can't get her apps back on her phone.

All she really cares about is her apps and her contacts.

What do I need to do to get her apps on her phone?

thanks.

2. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

If her apps are showing in your itunes, log out of your account, login to hers, and you should be able to add the apps she bought under her account.

If, however they are not on your computer at all, she will need to download them again, but she won't get charged as she had already paid for the apps.

Sorry if my advice isn't much help, I am going from my experience.

3. h1w1nd macrumors member

4. lobojim thread starter macrumors newbie

@h1w1nd No joke man... I jump in and get her phone working again so she can watch the Grey's Anatomy she needs (and that I have downloaded, converted to mp4, loaded into iTunes, and put on her phone) and I catch a ration because she can't find her gap.com app....

But, she puts up with my doodoo pretty well, so it all works out. :p

5. lobojim thread starter macrumors newbie

It may be more than a week on the couch...

When I just went into her phone to start downloading her lost apps, it appears *MY* iTunes account has become associated on *HER* phone.

How do I re-associate her phone with her itunes.

And why does apple make this so difficult!!

6. teaguecole macrumors member

If you are downloading the application from her phone, go in to Settings, Store, and you can change which account it is under on the iPhone.

If you are in iTunes on your computer, you have to authorize the computer for her account. I am on a mac, so for me it is under Store in the menu bar. I am not sure how that translates to you on windows.

You also have log out of your account from the iTunes store on your computer and sign in to her account before you re download anything on that computer that was purchased on her account. Otherwise you will end up purchasing that app under your account.

Now when you have both accounts authorized on that machine then you will also be able to share apps no matter who purchased it.

From what it sounds like, you downloaded her apps on your iTunes account, hopefully they were free apps otherwise you just bought those apps again. The reason this probably happened is because you synced her phone on to your iTunes and it synced your iTunes account information to her phone.

In summary, change the store settings on her iPhone, authorize the iTunes on your computer for her account, and make sure you log out of your account and sign in to her account on the iTunes store on your computer before making any downloads/purchases.

I hope this helps. I am not the best explainer in the world. I know how to do it, lets see if I can explain it.

7. lobojim thread starter macrumors newbie

@teaguecole Thanks man, followed your tips and now I'm on the road to redemption...

I appreciate the help!