2 iPhones and app store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibrainch, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

if my wife and I both sync our iPhones to the same computer do we have to pay for the same apps twice. If I download an app directly to my iPhone and sync it to iTunes, will she be able to get it by syncing her iPhone. Thanks for any clarification...

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

No I don't think (as I don't know) you will have to pay twice.

As long as the applications for both phones are bought under the same iTunes account,
    the applications should sync and operate on both phones.

R-Fly

3. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Based on the guided tour on Apple's website, it appears to work the same way movies, music, etc work. If iPod/iPhone is synced with your iTunes account you can move app to both. The only limitation may be as they do with rented movies. If you move it to a device, it is not available until it is moved back to iTunes for resyncing with another device.

4. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

I agree with above as long as you sync it with your computer it will save it into itunes , but the both iphones may need to be on the same itunes account. It may do the same thing like the movies if it's not a authorized computer it doesn't play? Other than that just wait till the app store is released! :D

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I really hope thats the case. With so many fun looking games coming out, me and my girlfriend were talking about staggering the games we want across the 2 phones so we can try out most things in the first few weeks.

This will make me very happy :D

6. philgilder macrumors 68000

apps are all protected with fairplay, so we shall see on the 11th

7. robhedin macrumors regular

The AppStore License agreement specifically states that the purchase of an application may run on all devices owned by a user.

"The license granted to the end-user for the Licensed Application must be limited to a non-transferable license to use the Licensed Application on any iPhone or iPod touch that the end-user owns or controls and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service."

rob.

8. brandonzar macrumors regular

Will it be like the DRM on music bought in the iTunes store though, where you get five licenses and you can activate them on several computers? It seems like this would make it easy to cheat the system and "borrow" applications that one of your friends may have bought.