2 iPhones on 1 iCloud account

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by RDowson, Jul 22, 2011.

1. RDowson macrumors 6502

RDowson

Hey,

My Dad and his partner both have an iPhone. They both share the same iTunes ID, contacts, calendars, etc.

Would sharing the same iCloud ID work ok on both phones? The only issue that I can think of is back-up. Would both phones back-up ok on the same account?

Thanks

2. downingp macrumors 6502a

I am in a similar situation. My wife and I have iPhones and we share the same MobileMe address for syncing calendars, contacts etc. My question is, will iCloud be able to differentiate between the two phones and keep her apps synced on her phone and my apps on my phone with the same .me address.

3. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

With the beta I think you get the choice of which backup to restore from - in my case it's an iPad and an iPhone backup. Given that they're listed by device name and it doesn't seem to differentiate between iPhone and iPad backups, I'm going to guess that there is a good chance you can back 2 iPhones up to the same iCloud account.

I think my iPad and iPhone have used about 2Gb out of my 5Gb iCloud allowance.

4. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

You can both backup to iCloud and choose which device you want to restore from.