2 iPhones on a family plan...are both subsidized?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmjax, Apr 20, 2009.

1. mmjax macrumors newbie

Here's a question for those of you on family plans, where you AND your spouse have iPhones. My Wife and I got Cingular (now AT&T) Motorola Razrs back when they were the hot phone. We got them both for free, and renewed the family plan contract for another 2 years.

I'd like to get an iPhone in June/July (whenever the new one is released), and I'd like to get one for my Wife also since she really likes the iPhone also. Would I get the subsidized prices for both phones since we are talking about a family plan and not 2 separate plans? It's hard enough having to pay $30 for a data plan for each phone, but if I have to pay full price on one of the phones, then forget it.

So for any of you on multi-iPhone family plans, what did it cost you?

Thanks...

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Yes, it will be subsidized. I got my gf a iPhone in October and I added an other line to my account (since she has no credit) and got it for 199. Although its not a family plan exactly, I am 99.9% sure that the same applies to the family plan:D

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes, you will be eligible for the full subsidy on both phones if you are upgrade eligible when the new phone comes out. Will you be upgrade eligible this summer? Just login to your AT&T online account and you can check your eligiblity status.

Since you will be siging each of your FamilyTalk lines for a new two year service commitment, you get the same pricing on the iPhone.

Dave