2 iPhones on one itunes now 1st iPhone isn't reconised

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iNovice, Mar 29, 2010.

1. iNovice macrumors newbie

Hello
    I apologise if his has been discussed lots of times, I'm struggling to navigate the site.

I bought an iPhone at weekend and linked it to the iTunes on the home pc. However my partners iPhone was already registered on this iTunes. I had accss to his songs and apps and transferred what I wanted. When he went to back up his own iPhone it was no longer found by iTunes and the program then froze.

Is there a way to get the pc itunes to recgnise his phone again or have I broken it?? He isn't happy with me as he thinks I must have done something when I was setting it up.

Please help
    best regards
    apple novice girl

2. Jenkins12 macrumors member

Well the way iTunes works, is that it copies what you have on iTunes, to the connected device. It does not go the other way around on default. Perhaps his iPhone is bugged? Tell him to simply reset it, and see if it works then. An iTunes should have no problem syncing both iPhones to 1 iTunes.

3. JennaLDS macrumors 6502

JennaLDS

What I had to do was set up my husbands account on the computer separate from mine. I logged off my side of Windows Vista and logged in on his, re downloaded iTunes and synced his phone. I can't use his phone synced on my side because it will delete all of his stuff and put my stuff on. Needless to say, he is not into Norah Jones lol!