2 iPhones = Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RatedX, Apr 7, 2014.

1. RatedX macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have 2 iPhone 5S's. I only really want to use one, the one that my company gave me. Only problem is how to:

1. iMessage, can I hook up 2 accounts to one phone?

2. Can I share contacts from one phone to the next without running to Apple Id's?

I have already figured out the Mail issue.

2. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Did your company give you a company issued iCloud account?

If not, just log in on your own on the company phone and "Share Contacts".

As far as iMessage forwarding, I'm not sure.

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

1. I don't think so, but Im not sure. I know the iMessage is linked to a single iCloud account, but you can add additional email addresses to the send/receive list. Maybe you can add an iCloud account there and have it work fine. Don't know for sure though.

2. Not natively. The way iCloud works is that it syncs all the information from a single iCloud account to all the devices in which the iCloud account is logged into; and with only one iCloud account per device, I don't see it as possible. But maybe there is a 3rd party contact apps that gives you an account and syncs the contacts that way.

4. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

You should sign in to iMessage with the same ID on both devices. Then you can add different email addresses to your send/receive and select which one will be your "caller ID" on each device.

it sounds like he wants to use the same apple ID or iCloud login on both devices to sync contacts which is completely possible.

5. Alrescha macrumors 68020

iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and the iTunes Store are all separate services and you can use the same or different Apple IDs for each of them on your two phones.

A.

6. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

It is, and I love the fact that it is :D But he said "without running to Apple Id's?" I assumed he meant something not connected to the Apple ID? so Im not sure.

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Yea, I assumed he meant to say two instead. Either way guess he'll get an answer :)

8. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Ohhhhhhh you know, I see that now. Yeah that makes more sense now actually :p