2 iPhones sync with same Mobile Me Account

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hanguolaohu, Mar 16, 2010.

1. hanguolaohu macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm upgrading to an iPhone 3GS, but would like to keep my iPhone 3G for another phone number that I have. I was wondering whether I could have 2 working iPhones that have essentially the same info on them? Would this create any issues if both sync to the same Mobile Me account? Would I have to repurchase apps on the new iPhone 3GS? Any info much appreciated!

HL

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

That's the entire point of mobileme...to keep multiple devices synced with the same info. So you'll be fine. That's what it was made for.

As for AT&T, that's a different story. They'll transfer your account to the new phone so the old one will only work on wifi. Which will be fine, just be sure to have a wifi signal handy.

3. hanguolaohu thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know.

To clarify, I will have 2 separate phone #'s so no transferring will occur.

4. hanguolaohu thread starter macrumors regular

But what about apps? I'm assuming I'll have to purchase new ones for each new device, right?

5. Inked macrumors regular

Nope, myself and my wife both have iphone, both synced with MobileMe for calender and contacts and both synced with the same itunes account for apps

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Take note, OP, that these are 2 different steps. Sync with Mobile Me for data but make sure they use the same iTunes account for apps.

Once you've done both of those you're fine.

You can even buy an app on one phone then instantly go and "buy" it on the other phone and it will download for free!

7. hanguolaohu thread starter macrumors regular

Great news! Thank you Ink and Small White Car!