2 ipods one computer HOW?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikeT125, Sep 17, 2009.

1. MikeT125 macrumors regular

I looked at Apples website and found that I could hook up two ipods to one computer and only have selected playlists transferred to each one.

My problem is that I have one 30gig Classic and an 8GB touch. When I hook up the touch to my Mac it tries to put everything onto the 8GB touch. I can't figure out how to select just a few playlists.... How do I do this??

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Click on the ipod in the left sidebar in iTunes, then click on the Music tab in the main window. Choose "Selected Playlists"

3. MikeT125 thread starter macrumors regular

The first thing it asks is if I want to completely erase and resync this ipod to the library on the computer.. I say no and then when I click on the ipod name in the devices list, it does not do anything....

4. MikeT125 thread starter macrumors regular

I got to that place and even though I only selected one dingle playlist, it was syncing 1600 songs and there are only about 45 songs in the playlist I selected. Why isn't it just doing that one playlist?

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

On the summary tab...... find the boxes in the picture below.

Attached Files:

6. MikeT125 thread starter macrumors regular

OK, the New Ipod Touch has just the selected playlist I want on it. Next step.

Is there a way I can get the songs that are now on the ipod touch to be put on my other MBP? We got the MBP and it came with this ipod Touch and my wife only wants her playlist on her MBP. Is there a way to transfer the songs from the ipod to the MBP??

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

It would be easier to share them over the network.... i'm assuming you have them networked? Share the folder and then copy.... if you don't have them networked on something (wired or wireless), then turn on airport on them and create a network between them.

But if you REALLY want to go hunt down how to rip them off the Touch - go for it!

(you could also "sneaker net" them on some sort of portable drive... or burn a DVD of the library/songs she wants.... if you bought them on iTunes, just authorize the computer under the account stuff)

8. fernande-mac macrumors regular

With iTunes 9 you can share the library in your home network and then drag the songs you want from your library into her library.