2 iPods, Same Computer... (Touch, Shuffle)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wakerider017, Oct 2, 2007.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Hey guys,

Never have I attempted this...

I would like to use both a shuffle and a touch on the same computer/itunes account.

Will this work okay?

Will they both still have their own sync settings?

I heard somewhere that the shuffle has an option of syncing random songs from a playlist since it is so small.. True?

2. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

It does not work well, I plugged in both at the same time and it popped up with windows that were indistinguishable from one another. I accidentally cleared the shuffle. :(

Then again, both of them have two different types of music on them (the shuffle had none of the songs in this computer's library). If you have two different libraries of music, it's so much easier just to use another computer... if you have one. If not, just make sure you plug them in at different times, so you know what the messages are for.

And... the shuffle does. It has a "fill with random songs" button on the music tab.

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

works well enough for me, i just never plug them in at the same time, and it syncs them differently i dont see why you would have nay problems and yes it is true about the random playlist syncin with the shuffle tahst what i do...

4. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I have two different libraries (my iPod is my own library, mostly metal; the shuffle is for the significant other, all this artsy pop-rock stuff). iTunes didn't like it when I plugged them both in, and it wiped the shuffle. :( I got a beating.

5. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Wow, I wonder why iTunes doesn't like both plugged in at the same time?

6. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I disagree. I've had as many as 12 iPods connected to my PowerBook at one time and could easily tell one from the other. The icon in iTunes clearly shows the type and color of each connected iPod, in addition to its name.

Attached Files:

7. ebony macrumors regular

I have a shuffle, two nanos, and a touch all connected to the same itunes library, with no issues.

I haven't tried two at the same time though.

8. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

To further illustrate the point, here's an updated image with all of our iPods:
    - my 5G iPod
    - my wife's 1G shuffle
    - my wife's 1G nano
    - my 2G shuffle
    - my 16GB touch

Attached Files:

9. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante