2 issues - Safari & microphone troubles

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by QueenDe, Jun 28, 2015.

1. QueenDe macrumors newbie

QueenDe

iPhone 5

I need the microphone on my keyboard gone. Siri is off. Dictation enabled is off. Only thing that has permission to microphone is Shazam.

Second - I prefer Chrome and have downloaded. Works great. Safari now will only tell me I'm not connected to a network. (I'm sending this from my phone through Chrome now. I am connected.) Seems phone is set to where it only opens links via Safari. How do I change default to Chrome or kick Safari back into working order?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you disable dictation the microphone from the keyboard shouldn't be there anymore. If it's still there then something isn't right.

There's no way to make Chrome the default browser (aside from perhaps jailbreaking and using some tweak to do that). The fact that Safari isn't working seems to indicate there are some issues. You might want to try clearing all of Safari data from settings to reset it. Perhaps even reset your network settings if not all settings (that's assuming you tried simply restarting your phone first and that didn't help).