Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
The only real benefit i have with the upgrade from iPhone 5 was the better battery.....i was temped by the touch id and now i have regret it....

1) I ve added my thumb with all touch id available registries and while it works PERFECTLY in the beginning after a while i get the annoying TRY AGAIN TRY AGAIN :mad::mad:.... my fingers are always clean and i ve register my thumb by moving around it a little bit while scanning.... as the constructions say... whats going on?... is it cause of cold weather?.... Touch id is f.... gimmick till now. Cant manage to make it work more than 50% the time..... and why some people say that it learns from your errors and you shouldn't delete it.....:confused::confused::confused:

2) While on my iphone 5 the gps locked almost instantly (around 10-30 secs) on my iphone 5S it needs around 2-3 minutes to lock.... same happens at apple maps not only while using navigon... i also got poor reception while using navigon....i am wondering if that is mostly ios 7 problem and not my iphone 5s....

ps - i also hope sometime Apple will finally fix iphones main disadvantage over other smartphones... which is low speaker volume!

Help me or i am going back to 5... or probably to 5C!

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Your "....or I'm going back to the 5/5C" doesn't make sense at all as you can always turn off fingerprint-lock and use passcode or nothing instead. It hasn't happened to me, but a number of members have problems with dry fingers in the winter. Simply register the same finger again in the wintertime, but don't erase the other one. It'll have your normal and dry print in memory and do a better job of recognizing both.

No idea about #2.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
I don't get the threat, "Help me or else. . ."

That's okay. Go back to 5 or 5c.

No skin off my back.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
TouchID works 95% of the time for me. I haven't had any issues with it, but we don't really get cold, dry winters here in the NW.

The GPS lock issue is weird. I've never had a problem with any of my iPhones unless I've had WiFi disabled and poor reception.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
The only real benefit i have with the upgrade from iPhone 5 was the better battery.....i was temped by the touch id and now i have regret it....

1) I ve added my thumb with all touch id available registries and while it works PERFECTLY in the beginning after a while i get the annoying TRY AGAIN TRY AGAIN :mad::mad:.... my fingers are always clean and i ve register my thumb by moving around it a little bit while scanning.... as the constructions say... whats going on?... is it cause of cold weather?.... Touch id is f.... gimmick till now. Cant manage to make it work more than 50% the time..... and why some people say that it learns from your errors and you shouldn't delete it.....:confused::confused::confused:

2) While on my iphone 5 the gps locked almost instantly (around 10-30 secs) on my iphone 5S it needs around 2-3 minutes to lock.... same happens at apple maps not only while using navigon... i also got poor reception while using navigon....i am wondering if that is mostly ios 7 problem and not my iphone 5s....

ps - i also hope sometime Apple will finally fix iphones main disadvantage over other smartphones... which is low speaker volume!

so go to a 5 or 5C......

Pompiliu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I don't get the threat, "Help me or else. . ."

That's okay. Go back to 5 or 5c.

No skin off my back.

Yeah, some people think they're important or something and that we actually care about them or their life or their damn phone. :D

Ender Wiggins

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
Yeah, some people think they're important or something and that we actually care about them or their life or their damn phone. :D

Many people are important and we care about them, their lives, and their phones.

Just not on this thread. :p

But my two cents:

Go back. Better not to be miserable.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Why not go back to a 3GS while your at it?! If you have problems take it into apple, let them look at it and test it, if it's faulty they'll replace it, if it's pilot error then sadly flying iPhones is not for you.

cstm

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
I have the same issue with touch id, first 30 minutes it reads the print every time then the success rate is about 20% if that. Really lame, I dont know if its software because first it works like advertised and then it just stops working and you have to redo the print to get it working again. Anyways I'm gonna return mine under warranty b/c of the failing touch id just before iPhone 6 comes out and sell the replacement unit as new, and buy the iphone 6

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012

"Or else" - ha you say that as if any of us care that you'll go back. I'll still be loving my 5S!

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Navigation is not an issue on my iphone 5s. Maybe a hard reset will help. See if you have background tasks disabled and maybe enable them and give it another try.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Have you tried to restore then to redo it again? Usually restoring works.

I found that quick tip and now i would say it works most of the time :)
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-setup-touch-id-fingerprints-to-never-see-try-again-error/

But i cant solve the problem with the gps... i tested maps app with a friends 5S side side and mine locked in around 1 minute when his gps locked almost instantly... 5 to 10 secs.... i ll have to try and restore it and see what happens.

or better go to Android.

lol i was in that crappy/childish ecosystem 2 years ago (gs2 was my last) and never looked back after my first iPhone 4.

Navigation is not an issue on my iphone 5s. Maybe a hard reset will help. See if you have background tasks disabled and maybe enable them and give it another try.

I have everything in system services turned to off and frequent locations too. I open location services when i want to use navigon.... so i dont have it always opened. Also i set on the status bar icon.

"Or else" - ha you say that as if any of us care that you'll go back. I'll still be loving my 5S!

For gods shake the topic title is just sarcastic/metaphor. Please dont take it seriously. Honestly i didnt expect all these posts mocking at me... nevermind. No hard feelings. I still love my 5S too but trust me when you see the try again error all the time it gets in my nerves.

I have the same issue with touch id, first 30 minutes it reads the print every time then the success rate is about 20% if that. Really lame, I dont know if its software because first it works like advertised and then it just stops working and you have to redo the print to get it working again. Anyways I'm gonna return mine under warranty b/c of the failing touch id just before iPhone 6 comes out and sell the replacement unit as new, and buy the iphone 6

Try the tip in the link below... east time we must scan as much of "fingers" skin in the touch id area.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.