2 issues with my iMac i5

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iManu619, Jul 6, 2012.

1. iManu619 macrumors newbie

Hello guys I got 2 issues with my iMac i5 ... I'm starting to be very disappointing ... :(

So here we go with the 1st one

I got this " Stain" on my screen I really don't know what it is , I try to clean under the glass but it's like under or in the screen

[​IMG]

The second one starting to happen couple days ago it's green and purple square on my screen

[​IMG]

Can somebody help me and tell me what is going on with my computer ?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Is it under warranty? The first looks like a water or chemical stain. The second is probably either a lose internal cable or problem graphics card.
    Where did you buy it? I would defiantly take it back.

You might want to also reduce those picture sizes on the forum. Not easy to look at. Just crop the picture first to show the problem area.

3. iManu619 thread starter macrumors newbie

No it's not under warranty ... I had it for a years and 3 month ...

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

This is why I always get Apple Care.

Sorry I have no answer for your issue.

Looks like a trip to the Apple Store is in order and have them diagnose.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

If you are in the UK you could still be covered by the sale of goods act. A Computer should clearly last more than 15 months. Make a genius bar appointment and explain the situation. They may well still repair it for you.

6. iManu619 thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in Canada more specifically in Quebec and there's a law in the CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT that say "Lasts a reasonable length of time, based on the price paid, the contract and the conditions governing its use."

I think I have a chance I've call Apple but the weird thing they said is alot of "screen" issues was not cover by the warranty even with applecare ... I ask after then .. Why should I took the Applecare if there's a chance it was not cover! They didn't answer my question.

Next week I'm gonna take a appointment with the Apple Store and I'm gonna give you news of what happen :)

Thanks so much guys !

p.s: sorry for my english I hope that you understand everything I said my fist language is French :eek: