Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jwilliamsumd2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
1st issue: The bottom plastic mat that is screwed on for protection is now warped and it has came off my Macbook. Has this happened to anyone else... What can I do to stop this? I would assume its from over heating??

2nd issue: I recently decided to restore my macbook to factory settings. I take my install disk and it informed me it needs to restart and it will instruct me from there. I restart my computer and I can hear the drive running, but it will not produce anything but a gray screen. Any ideas why, I was thinking that my drive has an issue with it?

IF anyone could advise me what I can do to resolve this I would appreciate it.

chibiterasu

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
London, The United Kingdom
Does no one google or search thease forums anymore? I have put this 3 times on here now for 1. lol

1. Nope its nothing wrong with your MacBook internals, its not over heating, its not blocked fans. This happened to my mid 2010 MacBook and its due to the glue that holds the rubber bottom on to the aluminum base plate losing its adhesive due the natural the heating and cooling of the base. Apple has this as a know fault and has a replacement program see here http://www.apple.com/support/macbook-bottomcase/

This will solve your problem because apple have changed the glue that holds the rubber to the metal plate and even if it does happen again just take it back in :)

2. Have you put in the disc and held down c while the mac boots?

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
2 - Hold down the option key at startup and select the volume you want to boot from.

If there's no option for the HDD or DVD then report back what version of OS X you're using?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.