2 iTunes accounts, 1 new MacBook pro...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Doingmyheadin!, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Doingmyheadin! macrumors newbie

I have an old windows based laptop that I have downloaded a bunch of music on using my account, and we recently bought a MacBook pro which my girlfriend has been using with her iTunes account. When I put all my music onto the MacBook, it asks me to authorised the computer for those songs that were bought under my iTunes account. We want to get rid of the laptop but is it ok to have music in a combined library that has come from 2 different accounts and will then be sync'd to different iPads, iPods and iPhones? Will the 2 accounts become an issue when syncing etc?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You only need to authorise the computer for the transfer. Once there over you can sign back into the other account!

3. Doingmyheadin! thread starter macrumors newbie

What is the catch? Apple seem to be so restrictive around how you can move data from one device to another..... Surely it is not that easy???

4. Akarin macrumors 6502

Akarin

The catch is that you can authorize a maximum of 5 computers to one account.
    Also, before getting rid of the laptop, go to iTunes and de-authorize it.

5. Doingmyheadin! thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice.....

Are there any issues ongoing to using 2 accounts on the 1 computer?.... Other than the obvious need to sign in and out of the different accounts. I assume that apps work the same way as music - no issues having apps from different accounts on the same iPad or iPhone?

6. Akarin macrumors 6502

Akarin

Been using two accounts myself and except the need to sign in/off, I have seen no issues. Still, I don't know how this works with iCloud and iTunes Match if you have two accounts.