2 iTunes libraries on 1 MBA

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bp1000, Oct 2, 2013.

1. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I just set my wife up with her own account on my MBA.

I logged in to her iTunes account and saw her cloud purchases. It asked me to authorise the computer which i did then mentioned i needed to transfer purchases.

It warned me that this computer was already associated with another Apple ID and that i wouldn't be able to access purchases for 90 days.

It is associated with another Apple ID, mine, in my user account and i dont want my iTunes match amongst other things to stop working.

Is there any way i can set my wife up to use her own iTunes account under her own login on this same computer.

Seems crazy that it will stop me from using mine if i do so.

thanks

2. emseven macrumors regular

Separate user accounts in OS X only share Application installs (the OS prompts if you wish to install new Apps for one user or all users).

Your iTunes should not have been entered on her User Account in the iTunes authorization. For obvious reasons the iTunes Match and purchases associate only with unique iTunes accounts.

You should deauthorize your account in her iTunes and add her account and password.

3. bp1000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry might have explained it wrong. My iTunes is not in her user account, it is in my user account with my iTunes ID.

In her user account she has her own iTunes with her iTunes store login.

When i try to download purchases for her in her own account it gives me the the warning (something like this) This computer is already associated with another Apple ID. If you associated your Apple ID with this computer you cannot associate any other Apple ID with this device for 90 days.

Something along those lines. It read to me that if i proceeded to transfer her purchases from the cloud it wouldn't let me use my Apple ID on my computer even in my own osx account.

That seems crazy