2 Mac 1 Apple Account

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tacomanzzz, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Tacomanzzz macrumors newbie

So the newest update for my mac was when i started up it made me log into my Apple Account. I Completed all the requirements and then logged in to find all of my sisters contacts on my computer. She also has a mac and an iPhone so I'm thinking it logged me into her cloud. I was wondering how to stop this and clear all of the messages and contacts off my mac

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

There are several login steps. When you first run OSX, it asks you to log in to iCloud. If you put her iCloud account in there then you could go back and change it to your own iCloud account but you really don't have to. If you ever have to restore your Mac from scratch, you will need to know the iCloud login that was used to set it up.

Then there is the iCloud login in system preferences. Again if her account is listed there you really should remove it and put your own in if you don't want her contacts, etc on your Mac. Please note that removing an iCloud account from System Preferences deletes any contacts, etc that your Mac thinks were associated with that account.