2 Macbooks, BOTH DEAD, NEED HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ivnbrv, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ivnbrv macrumors newbie

Hi there!, im running out of options here and im very worry about it... so i hope some one could help me out on fixing this.

I've been a mac user for so so long, im not into repairing or dissembling macs, i've done some dissembling on the past with my Powerbook years ago... everything went okay then...

But, a week ago a friend told me he had some issues with his white macbook, the trackpad wasn't responding he told me he had to use an external mouse to work on it... so he thought i could help him out... truth is.. i aso thought i could be able to chek it out. so.. he gave me his macbook to check it out... it was on... and working, the first thing i notis was the brightness... it was like 40% so i connected a mighty mouse to it and set the brightness to a 100% then after using it for a while i decided to reboot it, but it didnt startup...

So, i thought the uppercase/keyboard wasn't working properly so i used a youtube tutorial to dissemble it and check if there was any problem with the uppercase... y found no problems... but since he toldme the trackpad and keyboard wasn't working well i decided to try with the uppercase from another macbook to make sure if what he needed was another uppercase for his MB...

I asked my brother if i could dissemble his MB (same model, same specs etc) so i could check if there was actually a problem with the uppercase...

I dissemble my brother's MB and connected his uppercase to my friend's MB, nothing happend still dead.. so i decided to re-assemble my bro's MB back, and had the same ****ing problem the MB didnt start up... no chime, no Hard Drive sound, nothing!

so im dealing with 2 dead macbooks now.

I know im not supposed to do this kind of things if i dont know exactly how to deal with this kind of issues but i didnt think it was that hard... i know i looked like an idiot but sadly now im facing 2 pissed off guys now.

I really need your help with this ****up i've tried everything PRAM SMC etc and nothing worked...

Whut else can i do with this?

Does the only way out of this is to take them to an apple store?

Thank you in advance... i'll be looking forward on your reply's

(Sorry for my english)

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

How did you do a PRAM and SMC reset if the computer won't turn on at all?

Sounds like you have an iffy connection from the keyboard to the logic board. Have you tried reseating that connection?

3. ivnbrv thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i tried that, it was properly connected but it doesnt start up
    i followed this instructions http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1365

4. ivnbrv thread starter macrumors newbie

Well... i got some good news... my bro's MB finally started everything seems to be okay with that one... but im still dealing with my friends MB... :S

5. ruthlessfxx macrumors newbie

What was the problem and how did you fix it?