2 MacPro '08 Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cromas, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Cromas macrumors member

Cromas

1. Reboot After Wake
    2. Louder Fan

I read on this forum about that 2 problems, I dont receive my macpro yet, I hope dont found that problems on my mac pro. If your mac pro dont have any of 2 problems you would be so happy.

Any other problems to the fix to do list?

I post my iStat of my PowerMac G5 dualcore 2.3 for compare the fans with the mac pro, I want more silence in my mac pro, this g5 its a little louder.

Please post your istat screenshots of New MacPro! :)

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109208&stc=1&d=1206394435

Attached Files:

2. cbreak macrumors member

cbreak

My mac often crashes with weird patterns like those:

[​IMG]

Either after trying to disable the screen saver, or when I do certain graphic related tasks (such as using QuickLook's function to view several image files at the time, or trying to use glDrawPixels with some bitplanes disabled).

It's really anoying. So I am not happy, despite not having the problems you mentioned.

Attached Files:

3. Cromas thread starter macrumors member

Cromas

Scared!!!!!!!!! :eek:

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

You need to get your gpu looked at.

5. benpatient macrumors 68000

6. sochet macrumors regular

sochet

I'm guessing it's the graphics card too. It could be a temperature problem with the fans (my old radeon in my pc couldn't keep cool enough and would crash with similar patters)

Either that or it's evolved self-awareness and is trying to communicate (and less face it our mac pro's are now so fast it's possible :p )

7. cbreak macrumors member

cbreak

I suspected problems with either the graphics hardware, or the drivers. But currently I can't give my mac away for repairs, so I'll try to live with it.

I don't think it's a temperature problem, since the error is reproducable and does not depend on load. (It could be that there are two types of errors... since I don't get the noise every time)

8. Cromas thread starter macrumors member

Cromas

based on the istat mac pro fans I see the same thing that mine powermac g5 soooo buhhhhhhhhhhhh I expect more quiet machine that this powermac g5 I hate the sound of this... I want the same quiet that my siste imac g5, its a grave!! 0 sound! peace of mind, well when I receive my mac pro I see if its the same sshit or more quiet

9. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Whoa those fans are really loud!!

My mac pro never goes over 800-850rpm and usually stays at 500-750rpm and with heavy usage I've never seen it go above 850rpm..

10. sochet macrumors regular

sochet

did you use migration assistant? I used it for mine from my macbook, and I had smc fan control on auto start, and it was upping the fans (and made it think 1800 rpm is it's default speed even when smc wasn't on) if you have deleting smc may help.