2 macs synching itunes library automatically

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by linuxidiot, Jul 24, 2010.

1. linuxidiot macrumors member

I have a Mac Mini, which I primarily leave running to access any files I store on it with my macbook pro being my main machine for daily use.

I will download/buy music on the Pro and will sometimes be a little while before synching it to the Mini via "Home Sharing". Now I have to do this manually right now, but is there a way to setup a script to automatically run on a scheduled basis on the Mini to check for media not in the Mini library and download them automatically from my macbook pro? I only have the two macs using Home Sharing.

I tried looking at scripts, but I saw stuff from using rsync, not sure if automating syncing via Home Sharing would even work by using an applescript of some type or if rysnc is what I would want to use.

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I'm sure there's an app for that. Have you searching sites like macupdate.com?

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. linuxidiot thread starter macrumors member

5. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Would it be unacceptable to just turn on iTunes Sharing on your network? Everything in your MBP's library would be available from the mini's iTunes without actually having to bring the files over.

There seems to be no way to copy files over that way though, it's just streaming from one to the other.