2 mighty mouses (mice) died at the same time!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lindsayanng, May 9, 2009.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I dont get this. We just purchased on wireless mighty mouse and one wired one came with our imac. We have had them for about 5 months (not long by my standards) and all of a sudden, within days of each other, the little ball scroller broke!!

WHAT THE HELL??

One mouse is for my husband's computer and one is for mine, so they are being used differently, not for the same purpose or reason.. However, I'm sure we both use them alot.. but doesnt every one?

Is this something thats common in these?? If it is, i will never purchase another one again. I dont care how much BETTER they look than a basic mouse.. I have NEVER broke a mouse..I have one that came with my very first computer around 16 years ago and it still works!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's annoying. I always thought that the little ball was too small to be practical anyways. If you want a quality replacement, look into the MX Revolution from logitech.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

Have they actually broken or do they need cleaning?

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, I tried cleaning them with WET ONES which is what was suggested by various websites and by a guy who has a blog who worked for apples repair department.. Still having MAJOR issues.. I think theyre broken!!!

I never thought it was too small.. i LOVE that little ball, its so useful when scrolling through pages of code going up and down and left and right.. same with doing graphics.. SUPER useful!

But its not so useful when it doesnt SCROLL!!!

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I've had my wireless MM for about two years and its still going strong. The scroll issue is a pain and I find myself getting frustrated when I can't scroll up, so much so I completely forget that all I need to do is flip it over and rub it on a surface.

Unfortunately I will not be purchasing another one :(. I've heard too many good things about the revolution

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you have AppleCare left on any of your computers, you can take the mice to the store and they can exchange them for you.

7. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I do have apple care on the imac, so i will do that witht he wired one.. but the bluetooth was bought separately, which sucks

8. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

don't waste time with the Apple mice. Just get a logitech MX revolution.

9. AC Rempt macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

I was using the Bluetooth Might Mouse with my MacBook 2.4 Ghz, and it kept having weird moments of not responding, so I gave up on it and went for a Kensington wireless mouse.

I would prefer Bluetooth, so I would have to take a up a port with the wireless dongle, but I prefer a trouble-free mouse more.

10. TinHead88 macrumors regular

TinHead88

Just clean the scroll ball properly. I suggest using a soft lint free cloth and some methylated spirits or pure rubbing alcohol. It helps if you clean it as soon as the response of the scroll ball is not perfect. Much harder to get rid of old built up gunk. Mine is still perfect (apart from the side buttons of course) and I have only had to clean it once in a whole year's use.

11. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

It doesn't matter that the bluetooth one was purchased separately, it still covered under AppleCare under accessories. Just call apple and theyll sort out the rest
    :)