2 monitors via DVI on MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, May 12, 2010.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Anybody used

NewerTech USB Video Display Adapter

or is there anything else that works just as well or better
    with a Macbook Pro that doesn't have any expresscard slot?

How well can you drive two displays with a 13" Macbook Pro vs the newer 2010 MacBook Pros 15 or 13"?

2. vty macrumors member

I've used the Matrox Head2Go and love them. I've also used the EVGA UV+ or whatever and loved it for PC, but I don't think they have an OSX driver. They may now, though.

3. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

They do have an OSX driver. They all use the same "Displaylink" chipset, and now they have mac drivers. They aren't the best drivers in the world as of right now, but Im sure things will improve down the road. Anything that uses a Displaylink chipset will work on Mac (Displaylink is USB > DVI hardware).

4. silencer88 macrumors member

I've used a displaylink since Christmas for a 3rd screen. It works pretty well, but the thing I hate the most about it is the fact that expose becomes choppy on every screen while it's connected.

5. shadygrove macrumors regular

What is their price? i went to their site and they didn't have any information listed about pricing.

6. fkntotalkaos macrumors 6502

7. arachn1d macrumors member

So what's the best? If I wanted two 24" 1920x1200 resolution monitors is it the: Matrox Head2Go ?

8. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I already have a 2408WFP connected via DisplayPort to my MacBook Pro and I'd like to know if one of those USB adapters will allow me to drive another 2408WFP over DVI at the same resolution I'm using now.

I'm using a MBP 13" 2009 model.