2-month old Touch stopped playing music!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iwannamac, Dec 21, 2007.

1. iwannamac macrumors member

Last night, I was listening to my 2-month old Touch, which I've treated like a baby (no drops, bangs, etc.). The audio began to crackle, popped, and went totally silent. Now, there's nothing coming out audio wise. I tried restoring, different headphones, etc. etc. The real kicker is that I live 2 hours away from the nearest Apple Store, so now they are making me send it in for repair! NOT happy!!!

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

You'll get a new/refurb unit back pretty quick. I know that when I've had stuff like this happen, I had roughly one week turn around from when I called about it. (Called day 1, got a prepaid return box day 2, they received it day 3-4, around day 5 they dropped a new one in the mail and I got it back on day 7 or so).

Sucks you're having trouble, but it'll turn out OK. You could try calling them back and asking them to send you a refurb upfront and you'll return the defective one in the box. You'll be asked to give a credit card that they will charge for the full price of the touch if they don't get the old one back within 14 days (they put a hold on the money right away, though). Good luck!

3. aft macrumors regular

Someone else just posted they are having trouble with their headphone jack...do you know if it was just your headphone jack or something with the software? Did you try playing anything through your dock connector?

Ok it is only 2 people and I DON'T want to start a frenzy of OMG the headphone jacks are all bad, but odd coincidence nonetheless.

4. iwannamac thread starter macrumors member

It's definitely the headphone jack. Oh man...weird. I just got it out of my coat pocket (on a different pair of headphones) and it's playing fine now. Last night on three different pairs, nothing. Now I'm scared!

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

You should send it off for a replacement sometime soon, still. If the jack has issues now, it will only get worse with age, and your warranty won't last forever, etc etc.