2 months after update...Still hate it or always loved it?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by anti-microsoft, Oct 30, 2007.

?

Still hate the alu iMac? Or have you always loved it?

1. Still Hate it, Prefered the White one

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. At first I hated it, now I'm in love!

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. I've always liked it

33 vote(s)
    76.7%
  4. At first it was ok, but now I think it's an awful design!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

So to all those people that puked over the Aluminum iMac after its update, what do you think of it now?

I've, personally, always liked it but know with leopard I love it eve more, its great what do you think?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

At first I thought it was OK, but had too many problems. However with the default Leopard desktop (what potential switchers most often see) it looks awesome. However, its dreadful there is nowhere to put the Apple remote, and no sleep light. Also, for accessibility (what Apple has been touting about Leopard), the Apple should be a button for shutdown/start up...reaching round to the back is not fun...

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

OH NO! "HOW DO I KNOW MY MAC IS ASLEEP? THE SCREEN IS OFF? SLEEPING OR SHUT DOWN!?

hrmm,
    step 1:
    tap keyboard? omg it woke up! it was asleep
    if not
    step 2:
    press power button

LONG LIVE THE SLEEP LIGHT

:rolleyes:

4. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

At first I liked it, but I kind of missed the old white ones. But now I think they look much better than any previous iMac ever did.
    I look forward to seeing this style passed along to all other Macs as well.

What about the Apple menu?

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

6. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

For on --> off, that's fine. But, for off --> on it is a problem.

As for removing the sleep light, I don't see what it hurt keeping it on there. Removing it just seems like tinkering for tinkering's sake and not for any practical improvement (unless they were getting flooded with complaints - but then it wouldn't have lasted so long to begin with). It's rather annoying what that happens.

7. nawks macrumors newbie

mm. about it being in sleep mode, i'm not sure about other mice, but razer's proclick's light would stay on even when the computer's asleep, so thats how i tell.

i don't really like the fact that the power button's at the back as well, but at least its unobtrusive and out of the way. its not THAT hard to reach behind it anyway.

8. stoo31 macrumors member

For starters the light it pointless and secondly what about being environmentally friendly? How you can't remember whether you shut it down or put it to sleep is beyond me.

And reaching around the back? you got to me kidding me, it's exactly the same as pushing a button anywhere else it's not hard.

9. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

I was actually thrilled to see the sleep light go away! I used to have my computer in my bedroom. I can tell you that light is annoying when all the lights are out and you are trying to sleep! :eek:

I see this as a big time design improvement.

10. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I did not love it at first. I *liked* it. Now I love it. It's simply gorgeous.

I miss the sleep light though.

11. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

I still hate it. I hate how it looks, and I hate the glossy screen. If I upgrade my white 20'' iMac to a 24'' I will stay with the white.