2 months later I want the white iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueMoonForever, Jan 12, 2013.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

I bought my iphone 5 2 months ago with AppleCare+. Love it. Everything works fine, but now I'm really regretting my color choice. Me is factory unlocked. Bought it right when Apple came out with the factory unlocked 5's.

How would I go about getting a White iPhone 5? I think the white iphone 5 looks a lot nicer than the black and slate, especially in cases.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think you'll need to sell it and buy a white one to switch--or offer a trade.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Buy the white one full price. Put in your sim card. Sell the black one at your leisure. :apple:

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Sell/give away the black one. Buy the white one.

But really think about it, personally I've had regret about colour choice before, but at the end of the day, it is just a colour, your device still works. Why not wait for the 5S (or 6) if you want a different colour? I think it is stupid to pay a few hundred dollars for just a different colour.

5. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

This makes the most sense, especially when I've read the 5S might come out in June.

Thanks

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Never mind the minutia. It's a tool, use it, bring the world to you, expand your social circle with it. It's not a fashion statement. Every Jerry&Harriet these days got an iPhone.

7. zbarvian macrumors 68010

8. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

I have black/slate and imo it looks more slick, the white is made with raw aluminum, so there is no anodization process gone into it, unlike the balck. it makes me feel like my black is more special:rolleyes:

9. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

You have a couple options:

1.) Find someone with a good conditioned (same capacity) white iPhone 5 who is also interested in swapping out phones.

2.) Sell your black iPhone 5 for a slight discount - use the money (plus a little extra) towards buying a white iPhone 5. Make sure to transfer over the Apple Care +