Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueMoonForever

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
I bought my iphone 5 2 months ago with AppleCare+. Love it. Everything works fine, but now I'm really regretting my color choice. Me is factory unlocked. Bought it right when Apple came out with the factory unlocked 5's.

How would I go about getting a White iPhone 5? I think the white iphone 5 looks a lot nicer than the black and slate, especially in cases.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I bought my iphone 5 2 months ago with AppleCare+. Love it. Everything works fine, but now I'm really regretting my color choice. Me is factory unlocked. Bought it right when Apple came out with the factory unlocked 5's.

How would I go about getting a White iPhone 5? I think the white iphone 5 looks a lot nicer than the black and slate, especially in cases.

I think you'll need to sell it and buy a white one to switch--or offer a trade.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Buy the white one full price. Put in your sim card. Sell the black one at your leisure. :apple:

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011

Sell/give away the black one. Buy the white one.

But really think about it, personally I've had regret about colour choice before, but at the end of the day, it is just a colour, your device still works. Why not wait for the 5S (or 6) if you want a different colour? I think it is stupid to pay a few hundred dollars for just a different colour.

BlueMoonForever

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Sell/give away the black one. Buy the white one.

But really think about it, personally I've had regret about colour choice before, but at the end of the day, it is just a colour, your device still works. Why not wait for the 5S (or 6) if you want a different colour? I think it is stupid to pay a few hundred dollars for just a different colour.

This makes the most sense, especially when I've read the 5S might come out in June.

Thanks

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Never mind the minutia. It's a tool, use it, bring the world to you, expand your social circle with it. It's not a fashion statement. Every Jerry&Harriet these days got an iPhone.

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
I have black/slate and imo it looks more slick, the white is made with raw aluminum, so there is no anodization process gone into it, unlike the balck. it makes me feel like my black is more special:rolleyes:

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
You have a couple options:

1.) Find someone with a good conditioned (same capacity) white iPhone 5 who is also interested in swapping out phones.

2.) Sell your black iPhone 5 for a slight discount - use the money (plus a little extra) towards buying a white iPhone 5. Make sure to transfer over the Apple Care +

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.