2+ months without iPhone... what to do???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrtravel123, Apr 5, 2008.

  1. mrtravel123 macrumors regular

    Aug 9, 2007
    If I sell my current iPhone to a friend (overseas) this month.... what do you recommend I do after I sell my phone? Well, it's about 2 more months until June (expected new model) and I'm not eager to buy a replacement iPhone for just 2 months (+/-) of waiting. So, should I just transfer my SIM card into my cheap Motorola phone for 2 months and back off my data services with AT & T? Are there any drawbacks to this, other than 2 months of iPhone withdrawal? My plan, as you can tell, is to essentially wait for the updated iPhone, assuming the wait is only 2 - 3 months. (I am still under contract with AT & T as an FYI. And, I'll likely be traveling to see this friend [overseas] this month).

    Also, besides 3G, what else can we presume to expect with the new phone, sem further software updates that all iPhone users will likely receive? I don't live in an area where 3G will exist for quite a while. So, for me, I hope the new model has something more than 3G.

  2. atluten macrumors 6502

    Mar 24, 2008
    If the primary area where you will be accessing the internet is lacking 3G coverage, it probably would be better for you to just hang onto your current iPhone until 3G does become accessible since it would essentially be useless in the interim time. As for other enhancements with a future model, there have been some recent rumors of a camera on the front for video conferencing... but that's all I remember off the top of the head. There probably will be upgrades to the memory and camera and possibly the resolution of the screen, but that's all speculation. Cheers!

Share This Page