2 New Production Lines?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jbenkelman, May 6, 2015.

1. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

I went for my THIRD try on session to keep myself from going crazy with my "June" shipping date, and the employee (who has a May 13-22 date), that they were told that two production lines had been added, and that once they were in place (should take about a week), the shipments should really start moving.

He even talked about how the "June" is meant to be a WORST CASE SCENARIO, and that I should remain VERY optimistic.

Is it true? No idea. Did it make me feel better? YES! :apple:

2. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

3. bashmagic macrumors regular

Sorry, but it sounds like complete BS from an Apple rep who is probably tired of answering the same question.

4. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Actually it makes sense that Apple would have certified multiple assembly factories (they do for other products) prior to production. It also makes sense that bringing additional lines on-line once production started was subject to suppliers being able to produce enough parts to feed them. If demand was much higher than anticipated (sure looks that way) it adds up.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I forgot where I read that Foxconn was going to pick up manufacturing of the watch.

6. Smartdrive macrumors regular

I hope it's true because I still don't have a ****ing watch. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

BUT: they are sales people. They sell their mother to make a customer happy and give them all their money!