2 Orders, Same Account, Same Line, Went Through?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Benji222, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Throughout all the craziness, i got to the final page 1 time for AT&T, and then I put in all my information and submit. It error-ed out immediately so I checked my balance on my card and tried again for the rest of the day. I was eventually successful with apple. Now I have this:
    What The Hell do I do? Can i cancel one. I fu**ed up badly.

PS; Thank you for the order number tips, that was very stupid of me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

dude you are not alone but I would not have your order numbers up like that.

call the AT&T internet group and have them cancel your order. the number is around here somewhere. they are the ones that can cancel your order.

or just cancel your apple order, probably easier.
    click view order details, then cancel

3. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

If you do nothing you will get both. Cancel the AT&T one since the Apple one is guaranteed for the 24th. You can keep the second one for full price (they will charge you the difference) or return it in-store for a restocking fee; or you can refuse the shipment and get your money back in a few months.

4. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

How do you know I will get both? I would love both haha
    I just dont want them cancelling both becuase i mis ordered

5. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

There are many people on here who had this happen to them last year.

6. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

Hells yea. I want 2 phones. Ebay or friend it is haha. Thank you sir/madam
    Can any1 confirmm?

7. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

i had the same thing happen, call ATT they cancel it for you.

8. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

Again, I know this sounds greedy but any way I can just keep the 2?
    My borther tried all day(not as much as me, but for a long time) and gave up at about 9 thinking they would fix and he would just preorder the next day. It would be really cool if I could keep this

9. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

Sorry to bump my post only a few hours later, im just wondering if any1 else can confirm.
    With the traffic these days my post had gone to page 2-3.

10. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

You should get both. You'll be able to activate one. Once you activate the second one, AT&T will charge you the price difference vs. the unsubsidized price. If you want it for your brother, bring it to the AT&T store and I'm sure they can sort it out.

11. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

OK but I will receive 2 phones, I have paid for both of them so how can they charge me more?

12. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Ok. First of all, AT&T can charge you for anything anytime because you have a phone contract with them. Depending on your situation, they may be charging you an $18 upgrade fee - that goes on your bill.

Now consider this: By getting your new iPhone for $200, you are agreeing to a two year contract with AT&T so that they will be able to recoup the cost of paying Apple the remaining $400 for the phone. You already paid $200 for the second phone, but if you use the phone on another carrier or don't activate it or sell it to someone else AT&T needs to recover the $400 it's not getting from YOU (by being on a contract with them). You can only have one subsidized phone at a time.

If you bring the extra phone to AT&T, they should be able to sort it our easily, especially if your brother is also eligible for the $200 price.