2 phones, one itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Crashman1060, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Crashman1060 macrumors newbie

I have been syncing my iphone to my itunes without issue. Today I synced my wife's new iphone4 to my itunes. I thought it all went well but now my itunes is downloading a number of apps in full, including Sygic sat nav whic it is downloading three times! I have tried cancelling them but they keep re-establishing themselves on the outstanding download list? Any thoughts?:confused:

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Let it download. If the app was on her phone when you synced it, iTunes will get updates for it. You can sync any number of devices to one copy of iTunes. The app won't install on your phone unless you select it on the iPhone Apps screen in iTunes (when your iPhone is plugged in you can manage which apps are installed and organize the apps on the various screens & folders of your iPhone.

3. Crashman1060 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I syced "er who must be obeyed's" phone it was brand new, out of the box and I was loading some of the apps I already had on itunes, including the sat nav. For some reason itunes has placed the sat nav app (two of them) on the 'purchased but not yet dowloaded' list? Itunes is also telling me that I have updates for the sat nav apps but won't let me update as it is saying I haven't downloaded the actual app yet, although it is sitting in itunes and is already on my phone........confusing:confused:

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Connect your phone to iTunes, RIGHT click on your device in the left pane, select "Transfer Purchases", check your apps tab and make sure that the apps are still arranged like you want them, and sync your phone, that should make your phone and iTunes match.