2 phones per person limit at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xray328, Feb 10, 2011.

1. xray328 macrumors member

Just and FYI....

When I went to buy our 3 phones at the Apple store, the apple guy said there was a 2 phone per person limit. He said it wasn't an Apple thing, but a Verizon thing as he pointed to the two guys at the Genius bar in red Verizon shirts. The Apple guy said he couldn't understand why they were limiting them and if it was up to him I could have the third iPhone. He said Verizon wanted me to another person into the Apple store (my wife) before I could get the third phone. Pretty stupid considering I was adding 3 new lines. I could see it I guess if I wanted 3 phones and was paying full retail for them to resell, but that wasn't the case.

So I went to the local Verizon store and the folks there said they had never heard of any sort of limit and told me I could buy 10 iPhones if I wanted.

Go figure...

2. iFitz macrumors regular

They Apple Store employee couldn't understand why they were limiting them? Strange because Apple ALWAYS limits the amount of phones you can get on launch day to 2. It has been the same with AT&T. It's not a Verizon thing, but actually an Apple thing

3. xray328 thread starter macrumors member

I don't think they made it very clear regarding the limit of two phones. They said two per apple ID, but I assumed I could go in and provide the two apple ID's for my wife and I and get he three phones. I searched all over the web for the info (couldn't get through to apple store) and finally someone on here said there was a 5 phone per customer limit...Wrong.